Approach to Psychotherapy
- Our approach combines Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for life's challenges, improving life satisfaction, increasing happiness, and handling difficult emotional and life-situation challenges. We also include components of Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT).
- We use Gottman couple's therapy to help couples develop better communication and interactions, and create fondness and love maps for each other.
- We use Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive-Behavioral coaching .
- Our approaches are evidence-based, and both Dr. Fred and Dr. Lauriola have experience in neuropsychology, crisis intervention (domestic violence, suicidal ideation, and sexual assault response).
- Going beyond the lack of mental or emotional distress, we strive to help our clients lead happier, more fulfilling lives.
- We have experience with traditional and non-traditional couples, family, and relationship dynamics and issues.
- Dr. Fred and Dr. Lauriola both approach intimacy and sexual interactions in relationships from a sex-positive and non-judgmental perspective. We are LGBT affirming.